Wednesday, April 14, 2010

can i get a fry with that SHAKE!?..

The best purchase of the Month:

Hamilton Beach Single-Serve Blender!!
A girl I worked with at Caribou spent her spring break with her friend here in California, and I let her stay at my place so as a thank you they gave me a gift card to Target!
Well I've been wanting a Magic Bullet for a while and they are like $55 almost so I just never brought myself to spending the money for one. Well I was at target and just wanted to see if they had something similar.. and they had this bad boy!!
It was only $15 but only come with one cup that's the only down side.. but I use it like at least twice a day! I usually make a breakfast smoothie and then a protein shake after my work out!
One of my new favorites I discovered today was like 1-2 tablespoons yogurt ((I like dannon lite vanilla)) then about 8 oz pure pineapple juice (( I am drinking pineapple juice like crazy right now- i was told it helps with swelling and bruising to help prepare for the surgery I have in 2 weeks)) and then a whole banana and about 1/3 a cup of spinach.. I know that sounds weird but you don't really even taste it!! but it's really good!!
Then for my protein shakes I do about 8-10 oz of either soy, skim or almond milk ((ps if you haven't had almond milk yet.. you should!! it's sooo yummy.. try the vanilla)) a scoop of protein ( I use chocolate Nu-Tek Pro 5) then I add a banana and about 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter.. soooo good!!
Hope everyone is doing well!! I haven't posted for a while but maybe I will again after my surgery.. I have had a lot of people want to see some before and afters!! I went to my pre-op yesterday and it made me SUPER excited and SUPER nervous at the same time!!
For those who don't know, I'm getting Rhinoplasty. I have wanted to for a long time and I am FINALLY able to do it! I found a great Dr. I really trust, her name is Dr. Tenley Lawton and her office in Newport Beach. She is shrinking my turbinates to help my breathing and then shaving off my little bump and narrowing the top and then taking the ball off the end and rotating it up so it doesn't droop anymore! So I will definitely update everyone after I am all healed!
Hope everyone has a good week!!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the recipes. ;) I still haven't met your blender.. what's up with that? Anyway, I'm so excited for you, babe! xoxoxo

BRITTANY said...

HOW FUNN!!--GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY..:)

Kris said...

I <3 this post. You are so dang cute! I'm getting nervous though. I love you just the way you are.